Sunday, May 9, 2010

Welcome, Caleb!

Caleb Piseth Khiek
May 7, 2010 5:03 pm
6 lbs 3 oz
19 inches


Birth Story:
Awoke at 2:15 am Friday morning with regular Braxton Hicks contractions, which became more painful about three hours later. I was getting ready to go the hospital Friday morning when my contractions subsided and labor stopped. How embarassing, sinced I riled everyone up thinking this was it! So I carried on throughout the day taking walks and going grocery shopping with about three contractions an hour, some painful and some not so much. Around 2:30 I started getting some painful contractions about 10 minutes apart, but I was hesistant to go to the hospital since they weren't that close together. Once I had a couple that were about 5 minutes together I said "The heck with it!" and headed to the hospital. I arrived there at 3:30 and to my surprise, I was 8 cm dilated and 100% effaced! Dr. came shortly thereafter and Caleb was born at 5:03.

At home at last!!


GOOD Big Brothers get yummy treats from McDonald's...


We are so happy with our new addition and I promise much more pictures are on the way! Thanks to everyone for all their prayers and well wishes.

2 comments: